Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day of Realization........

A day of Realization. Why you may ask. Well because today. My son, my Mother and My sister and I went to Harris Riverfront park and there was a lot of homeless there. several local churches were there, giving them a hot breakfast, and personal care packages and some other things. It was heartwarming, and the great thing was it wasn't just churches. People from all over were bring items for them. We took 24 packages like the ones pictured. each bag contained a fleece blanket, a pair of gloves, a pair of socks, a scarf ,a comb, a razor, and toothbrush and toothpaste. It wasn't much and they could use so much more. The hardest thing for me was knowing that what we brought was not enough. So my mission continues. I took my son with me because I wanted to teach him that we are truly blessed and that there are others who need our love and smiles. and maybe a blanket or two.So if anything we do has touched you, you can help too. I think the thing that touched me was the ones who wouldn't just walk over and get the little care packages we had. It was like they had lost hope and within that their pride. It was just so sad. Because every living being needs to know that we all need a hand sometimes. Either a hand to hold or just a hand up. Maybe we can do more in a month because homelessness knows no season or reason. And I only hope that if it were me and my son that someone would feel the desire to help me too.

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be nice if we could end homelessness? Helping has been a quest of mine for some time, as you know. It's important that we keep blogging about it to spread the word, to get others to see the plight. It's important that we keep knitting and crocheting to warm as many folks as we can. What we do, does matter, one stitch, one package at a time.

    Visiting Bridge And Beyond blog log friends today, to say hi and hope all are doing well.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping in to say Happy New Year from Bridge and Beyond and hope the year 2011 brings only good things for you and yours.
    Sandy
    Also hoping we're able to knit and crochet and donate more needed items in the coming year with your help.

    ReplyDelete